Friday, March 30, 2012

Court's Clicks: 3/30/12


It's spring!  

I saw two bunnies on my walk on Tuesday, the birds are chirping, and flowers, flowers, flowers.  My phone's camera library has quickly been filling up with pictures of colorful blooming things these past few weeks.  This one's my favorite thus far.  

You'll notice that I did a little spring cleaning around the blog here this week.   I want the focus to be on photos, recipes, and writing.  I think the new layout reflects that.  

I'm most excited for my new buttons you'll find at the top of my sidebar.  Click on them if you would like to subscribe to my blog through a reader or email; follow me on Twitter; or follow me on Pinterest.  I would certainly appreciate it!

You know how else I can tell that spring has arrived (well, besides the fact I'm on spring break still)?  

Spring recipes!

Here are a few that have caught my eye this week:

To me, spring desserts should taste fresh and light, but that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice a good frosting.  This Blueberry Cake with Lemon Icing would brighten any table with both its taste and its beautiful swirled batter. 

While raspberries always win out as my favorite summer fruit, strawberries come in as a close second.  Having one of these Strawberries and Cream Muffins at hand could easily change that, however.  

When I was a kid, my favorite item to steal from Momma's salad bar plate were those crunchy chow mein noodles.  Imagine my delight, then, in finding an Easter recipe that uses those addictive salad toppers as a decoration for these Bird's Nest Cupcakes.


Happy Friday :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your new layout--very clean and modern! I'm working on a redesign too, so I guess it must be something about springtime & craving change. :) And that photograph is beautiful--I've never seen a flower like that! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D I'll look forward to seeing your new layout too! I pretty much fail at botany, so I have no idea what kind of a flower it is haha, sorry--just something that caught my eye as I was walking home from class one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've spiffed up your blog design! Looks good. And I'm now following you on Twitter. :-) Spring is ridiculously early this year - I'm going to plant tomatoes this week! Most years that would be weeks too early. Anyway, nice links - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment. Glad to be a tweeting pal :)

    ReplyDelete